130 YEAR OLD PIE CRUST
2 1/2 c. flour READ THRU THE RECIPE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup shortening
1 egg
1 tbsp vinegar
Enough cold water for 1 cup
Blend flour, salt and shortening until mixture in crumbly. (BY
HAND) Put egg and vinegar in a 1-cup measuring cup, beat
slightly then add water to bring up to one cup. (Use enough
liquid mixture to make pie crust workable.)
Cut dough in half and roll out to fit a 9 inch pie pan. (Roll
larger than pan to allow for side depth) For two crust pies
(apple, etc.) roll another crust and put on top (crimp both
bottom and top crusts together along edges--you can cut
the excess off either before or after you add top crust).
Take a knife and slice at least three small holes on top
crust to let steam escape while baking.
Use extra dough to make cinnamon slices. (roll out, cut in
slices, top with sugar and cinnamon). Bake in 450
degrees until crust is done, approximately 10 minutes.
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all-- Harriet Van Horne
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Pie Crust Recipe
I am copying this just as my mom sent it. I love this recipe and pretty much have never known anything different. Here it is and from my mom in all her glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel totally betrayed that I was unaware of this blog! BOO!!
Post a Comment