Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nona's Sticky Topcorn (Caramel Corn)

This is the most simple and delicious caramel corn recipe I have seen. It's simply delicious! It got it's name from my girls. It is Nona's recipe but my girls added the sticky topcorn to the name (little Bo has a hard time with popcorn).

1/2 c. popcorn, unpopped (white or yellow will do)
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1/4 c. brown sugar
30 small marshmallows (or equivalent of large. I usually add 1/3 to 1/2 bag because I like it more gooey.

Pop popcorn into large bowl. In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar. As soon as butter has melted, add marshmallows and stir until all ingredients have melted, stirring continuously. Pour mixture over popped popcorn and stir until popcorn is coated. Serve while hot or save for later. (I will try to add a picture, but it just goes so quickly!)

No comments: