Friday, July 25, 2008

Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have tried several chocolate chip recipes and this is by far my favorite. I used to use the one off the back of the chocolate chip bag, but for some reason this one just tastes better. I think it is the extra brown sugar and vanilla. Always delicious and comforting. (This is mostly for me because even though I practically have this recipe memorized, I tend to doubt myself and have to go searching for it. Now I will know where it is).

1 c. butter (2 sticks), softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (I always add around three cups. I don't know if it is an altitude thing, but it always makes the cookies a little fluffier. It took me years to figure this out)
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder

1 1/2 bag of chocolate chips (I usually only use one bag and it is fine. I sometimes add butterscotch chips or whatever I have left over)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.

Combine the two. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.

Drop cookies onto cookie sheet or spread out to make bars (easier and takes less time). Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes for cookies or 20 minutes for bars. Be sure to check your cookies from time to time. I know most people know how to make cookies and you have probably made these cookies a bizillion times, but I have noticed all ovens are different.

No comments: