Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Best and Easiest Buttery Rolls

This is my FAVORITE roll recipe. I found this on All Recipes last year for a dinner party and haven't looked back since! It is so wonderful and easy. Did I mention it was easy?

1 cup warm milk (regular temperature for yeast. I just guess as I broke my thermometer)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

4 cups bread flour (I use Better for Bread flour. I don't know if it really matters)
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).

When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 portions; shape into balls (you might be able to get more if you make them smaller. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan (This is actually the first time I paid attention to this. I put it on a cookie sheet and I don't grease it). Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes (I let it rise much longer because I love fluffy rolls). Bake at 375 degrees F for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown (I had to adjust this when I lived in Alaska to 11 minutes. Keep your eye on it the first time you bake them). Brush butter on the top (optional).

Notice one is missing up there? These are so good my husband grabbed it out of the oven... while it was still baking!

Buttery goodness!

No comments: